Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Welcome to my home, NDS


So after years of debate and hours of last minute decisions, I finally went and bought myself a Nintendo DS! It really was a late decision too, they just announced the 3DS which is supposed to replace the DS line sometime next year! I considered waiting it out and getting the 3DS instead, but I figured I could sell my DS when the time comes.


I've always been a Sony guy, quite honestly, but I couldn't help but notice all the great games I wanted to play on the DS. The current DS emulation is pretty shaky, and takes away from the hands-on experience of the touch screen. Some great games of interest include The World Ends With You, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, and countless others. I'm waiting on the package now (its a used, polar white DS Lite), along with the Acekard 2 flash cart and a microSD card.


I considered the DSi as well, but I just want a pure gaming handheld and don't need any of the new features, all of which my PSP does infinitely better. I mean, a 0.3 megapixel camera? My phone has a better camera than that, and my phone is shit. And the DSiWare downloadable content is crap from what I can see. So all in all, I tried to spend as little money as I could, considering I'm waiting to buy a PS3 Slim is a couple of weeks. I'm packing up on gaming for my looong college summer.


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I'm a Sony guy like you, but I bought a DS due to the same reasons. The touchscreen allows for some really nifty games.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin