Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Work sucks


I'm in one of those phases again where I don't feel like updating my blog for extended periods of time. Bare with me though, the summer is making me lazy. I've been pretty preoccupied with all the DS games I've missed out on over the years, and I've got a job too.

Yeah...work sucks. I'm a waiter at a Korean restaurant near my town, and I fucking hate it. I could bare with it if it were a less regular thing, but I made the mistake of telling them I'm free all week when I first asked if they were hiring. Now they think they can call me in whenever they want to, and I freaking don't want to obviously. The hours are ridiculous. I'm a part-time student, why would I need to work 12 hours a day? I'm not paying any bills, I don't even need this much money to go out and shit it all away. I'll do 3 to 4 days a week, 8 hours tops. I'm about to tell them this, but I'm waiting to see when the best time to complain is.

Seriously though, 10am to 10pm? The fact that it's tiring isn't even the worst part. The worst part is, I get home around 10:30pm, which is after my parents have gone to sleep. This means I can't even see my family for the entire day. I don't even have time to myself cause I'm too tired to stay awake for much longer. I put myself on call like this cause I thought acquiring a job these days would be difficult. Now that I have TOO much work, I regret it. First things first I guess: I need to ask for a set schedule each week and I really want to go home earlier.

If any of you had a shittier part-time job, please share. Right now, I'm thinking 12 hours a day is just ridiculous. I work longer than my parents for fuck sakes.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin